Call for Presenters
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 19, 2021
We invite anyone working with youth and adults who are experiencing barriers to employment and housing to share best practices in addressing these barriers. You may have just the experience-based knowledge that will contribute to an interesting and informative workshop presentation. Take the time today to complete and submit your presentation abstract.
We are looking for presentations that address any of the following tracks:
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Working with Clients with Serious Mental Illness and/or Substance Use Disorders
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Eviction - Prevention
- Fair Housing
- Disabled Housing Resources - Navigating DDS & SSI Services
- Affordable Housing Development Programs - Rural Housing Options
- HUD Funding Opportunities/Initiatives
- Trauma Informed Property Management
- Host Homes
- Recovery Residencies
- Policy Solutions to End Homelessness
- Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing
- Second Chance Employment with Employers/Employees
- Using Partnerships to Battle Barriers
- Employment Assistance
- Evidenced-Based Practices
- Community Partnerships
- Community Resources
- Career Laddering
- Mental Health in The Workplace
- Marijuana Laws and How They Affect Employment
- Transitional Living Programs
The conference registration fee of $50 will be waived for up to 2 presenters per workshop per agency.
Counselors, social workers, supported housing providers, DRS workers, IPS teams, direct care providers, tribal providers, students, school counselors, child welfare and juvenile justice professionals or anyone who works with youth and families in these areas.
For more information
Contact Ann Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 325-8955.