Managing Aggressive Behavior Training Certification Course
The Managing Agressive Behavior (MAB) Trainer Certification Course is an intensive, hands-on course that will prepare participants to train and implement the MAB crisis management training for their organizations. This course is appropriate for any professional who wants to be qualified to train their staff how to prevent and effectively manage crisis situations in a supportive, compassionate, and trauma responsive manner.
Managing Aggressive Behavior is a trauma responsive crisis management training course that focuses on prevention through building relationships, supporting individual empowerment, and developing new skills.
MAB teaches physical and non-physical intervention skills that promote compassionate and supportive interactions throughout the crisis.
The trainer certification course includes participation in the direct course, opportunities to facilitate the curriculum, testing of course knowledge and skills, and technical assistance with implementation at your agency.
Course Length: 5 Days
CEUs: 3.6 (36 Clock Hours)
MAB TCC Training Objectives
Following successful completion of the Trainer Certification Course, participants will:
- Identify the foundational premises for a trauma responsive, behavioral support approach to working with individuals experiencing crisis
- Demonstrate how to facilitate and support implementation of prevention and early intervention strategies
- Demonstrate how to correctly identify crisis situations, including potentially violent situations and respond using supportive verbal intervention skills
- Identify the limited circumstances in which physical intervention skills should be used
- Demonstrate the ability to apply passive, non-pain-producing physical intervention skills during moments of imminent danger
- Identify how to debrief crisis events with youth and use strategies that will promote growth and recovery after a crisis has passed
- Demonstrate how to effectively facilitate the direct course including: foundational concepts, prevention strategies, verbal and physcial intervention techinques, and post-crisis responses
Course at a Glance-5 DAYS | 8:30am-5:30pm | $1350
|Date: October 21 - 25, 2019||Location: Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center - Tulsa, OK||Registration Deadline: September 21, 2019||Register|
|Date: January 13 - 17, 2020||Location: Doubletree Warren Place - Tulsa, OK||Registration Deadline: December 13, 2019||Register|
|Date: April 6 - 10, 2020||Location: Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center - Tulsa, OK||Registration Deadline: March 10, 2020||Register|