Residential Child and Youth Care Professional Trainer Certification Course
This course is for professionals and agencies who want to provide direct care staff with a common knowledge base and philosophy for working with children and youth.
Direct caregivers have the most interactions with, and therefore the potential for greatest impact on, the children and youth in their care. Learn to train your direct care staff using this practical in-service training based in five core principles for working with children and youth.
A COMPETENCY-BASED CURRICULUM
COMPRISED OF FOUR MODULES:
- Developing a Culture of Care
- Understanding Child Development
- Building Relationships
- Teaching Discipline
This strengths-based curriculum includes a strong youth development philosophy and incorporates NRCYS' five core principles for working with children, youth, and their families.
The Residential Child and Youth Care Professional (RCYCP) Trainer Certification Course includes an overview of the RCYCP curriculum, examination of adult learning theory, and opportunities to practice facilitation of experiential activities.
Course Length: 3 days in-person/4 days virtual
CEUs: 2.0 (20 hours) in-person/2.7 (27 hours) virtual
RCYCP Trainer Competencies
- Identify the Residential Child and Youth Care Professional Training philosophy, premises, and curriculum content
- Understand the importance of strengths-based work with children and youth
- Demonstrate facilitating sections of the RCYCP training curriculum
- Identify effective delivery methods of the Residential Child and Youth Care Professional course and how to implement the course to meet staff development goals
Course at a Glance-4 DAYS | 8:30am-5:00pm | $950
|Date: October 18 - 21, 2022||Location: Virtual Course||Registration Deadline: October 11, 2022||Register|