Youth Thrive™ Training of Trainers
This three-day train the trainer course prepares agency trainers to facilitate Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-Being training for their organization.
This engaging course utilizes a variety of experience-based learning methods to help participants explore the guiding premises, current research, and promising practices designed to help young people grow into competent, resilient, thriving adults.
The Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-being direct course is a fun, engaging, competency-based training for any professional wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of how to support the growth and well-being of adolescents.
Participants will learn about the protective and promotive factors, identified in the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) Youth Thrive™ framework, that supports healthy development and well-being for youth.
Participants will explore ways adults can build capacity for healthy development by providing:
- Strength-based support
- Positive, nurturing interactions
- Growth-minded experiences
Course length: 3 days
CEU: 2.1 (21 clock hours)
Youth Thrive™ TOT Training Objectives
Following successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the Youth Thrive™ project, history, and goals
- Identify the guiding premises that support our practice as we apply the Youth Thrive™ Framework
- Identify the five component of the Youth Thrive™ Protective and Promotive Framework:
- Knowledge of adolescent development
- Social connections
- Cognitive and social/emotional competence
- Concrete support in times of need
- Promoting youth resilience
- Understand how the protective and promotive factors are important for ALL youth and work together to increase the likelihood that youth develop characteristics associated with healthy adolescent development and well-being
- Develop a self-reflection plan to assess how you currently use the framework in your practices and how you plan to take action to increase the use of the framework in the future
- Demonstrate how to effectively facilitate the Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-Being direct course to others
Course at a Glance-3 DAYS | 8:30am-5:00pm | $895
|Date: September 17 - 19, 2019||Location: Doubletree Warren Place - Tulsa, OK||Registration Deadline: August 17, 2019||Register|