The University of Oklahoma National Resource Center for Youth Services considers the health and safety of our participants, community, and staff are of the utmost importance. With the everchanging conditions with COVID-19 it is difficult to schedule in-person training very far in advance. We will continue to utilize virtual training as a primary delivery method with limited in-person training when it can be offered safely. Please check our website regularly or join our mailing list for updates on our event schedules.
Youth Thrive™ Training of Trainers
This three-day train the trainer course prepares agency trainers to facilitate Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-Being training for their organization.
This engaging course utilizes a variety of experience-based learning methods to help participants explore the guiding premises, current research, and promising practices designed to help young people grow into competent, resilient, thriving adults.
The Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-being direct course is a fun, engaging, competency-based training for any professional wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of how to support the growth and well-being of adolescents.
Participants will learn about the protective and promotive factors, identified in the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) Youth Thrive™ framework, that supports healthy development and well-being for youth.
Participants will explore ways adults can build capacity for healthy development by providing:
- Strength-based support
- Positive, nurturing interactions
- Growth-minded experiences
Course length: 3 days
CEU: 2.1 (21 clock hours)
Youth Thrive™ TOT Training Objectives
Following successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the Youth Thrive™ project, history, and goals
- Identify the guiding premises that support our practice as we apply the Youth Thrive™ Framework
- Identify the five components of the Youth Thrive™ Protective and Promotive Framework:
- Knowledge of adolescent development
- Social connections
- Cognitive and social/emotional competence
- Concrete support in times of need
- Promoting youth resilience
- Understand how the protective and promotive factors are important for ALL youth and work together to increase the likelihood that youth develop characteristics associated with healthy adolescent development and well-being
- Develop a self-reflection plan to assess how you currently use the framework in your practices and how you plan to take action to increase the use of the framework in the future
- Demonstrate how to effectively facilitate the Youth Thrive™: Protective and Promotive Factors for Healthy Development and Well-Being direct course with others